Tuesday, August 16, 2011

An Understanding Heart

And now, O LORD my God, thou hast made thy servant king instead of David my father: and I am but a little child: I know not how to go out or come in. 8. And thy servant is in the midst of thy people which thou hast chosen, a great people, that cannot be numbered nor counted for multitude. 9.Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this thy so great a people? 1 Kings 3:7-9

These days I'm really thinking about Solomon's desire for wisdom so that he could make the right decisions. His main purpose was of course he was the leader of God's people. My main purpose is because of the people that God has given us to work with. They have so many questions. There are so many rocks to move and so much dirt to remove while laying a foundation. "Why is the male pronoun used for God? Is it a contradiction to God's mercy when God says he will judge the father's iniquity on the children to the fourth generation?" (Exodus 34:7) God blessed Solomon with wisdom and He has also sent us a Comforter and Guide. May the Holy Spirit guide us all in the relationships that God has given us.

No comments: