Saturday, August 20, 2011

Singing Away

The end of this week we had a couple different meetings. One meeting was the study that we're doing through the book The Stranger on the Emmaus Road and the other with some friends of mine. I took my guitar because the one group of guys wanted me to play the song Man of Constant Sorrow. Go figure! What are the chances that Turkish guys want to hear blue grass? They love it, though. I still have to learn it. We played hymns instead, English and Turkish. It was a great opportunity for them to see the songs we sing in worship. I also did the same at my other friends who are teaching me the baglama. It is such a privilege just to be able to do this with people. In America people would be like, "Big deal!" Here, they are like, "You sing in your worship." They want to hear it. We had the opportunity to sing songs talking about our redemption, God's love, Jesus being our Savior, etc... Sometimes when they won't listen to you talk they might listen to you sing.

No comments: