Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Interesting Opportunity

Yesterday a university student came to the church that we are learning from. I invited him in. He explained that his friend's history professor in a city many hours from here had heard that there was a church in this city. The professor gave the student the assignment of finding out about this church. So the guy that I was talking with was helping his friend. He asked me about the history of the church. I told him. It was kind of anti-climatic for him, because the church doesn't have ancient history. Then the Holy Spirit brought a thought to my mind. So I told this young man that the book of Galatians was written to churches in the very region we are living in now. He was a little excited. I showed him the book of Galatians and he asked if he could have a copy of it. I copied the book of Galatians for him. Then he asked who Paul was. I explained that Paul was a really religious Jew who persecuted those that followed Jesus...and then I told him about Paul's conversion and how Paul went all throughout Turkey spreading the Gospel. I pray that the book of Galatians gets back to the history professor. Galatians, how ironic. The book that tells us that we cannot be saved by keeping the law. I also pray that whoever is doing this study will see the validity of the Bible.

No comments: