Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Expecting Great Things

When things are going good do you stop and say "Oh something bad is bound to happen." Unfortunately I do. Maybe it is a lack of faith. It is like I'm waiting for the hammer to fall. Anyone that knows me knows I'm an eternal optimist. It is not necessarily that I'm thinking that something bad is going to happen. It is like I'm thinking this is too good to be true. Things have been going well since we moved to our new city. We are busy doing what we feel God wants us to do. God is blessing and sometimes I begin to think alright when are the hard times coming. As I thought a little more about it I just realized that it is just my thinking that is messed up. Who says God is not blessing in the hard times? Who says God is not blessing when things are as we say 'a little slow'? John Bunyan, the author of Pilrim's Progress, was imprisoned for 12 years. During that same time, many of his own congregation were imprisoned with him. He had the opportunity to continue teaching them while in prison. I think we all would say that prison would at the very least be a down-time in our service to God. That is not at all how reality was. It is our perspective that changes everything. "Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths." Psalms 25:4

No comments: