Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Law

I was talking today to one of my friends and telling him why I love the book of Galatians. Why do I? Because Paul defends salvation by grace. Why do people want to be tied to the laws of their religion? Jesus completed the law. That is why we don't have to. So here is what I told my friend. The law is like a metro bus drive. These bus drivers follow the rules and that is it. If you are not at the bus stop when they stop they won't open the door. Yesterday the bus was stopped at a light and it was pouring rain. A man ran up to the bus to see if the bus driver would let him on the bus. No way! The bus driver didn't even think about it. Another time I saw this old woman. She was at least seventy. She didn't push the button to get off. She asked the bus driver to stop. No way! She didn't push the button. That is the law! There is no bending. No mercy. You either keep it all or you are guilty of all. With Jesus there is mercy. Just as many people are tied to their religion, Jesus wants us to be tied to him. Paul said this in Gal. 2:16, "...for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified."

No comments: