Monday, June 8, 2009

It has been way too long!

I know it has been way too long since I've written. So I will not attempt to fill you in with what has been happening the past few months in one blog. I'll start with the most recent news.
We have another baby boy. His name is Blake Eren(similar to Aaron) He was born May 18, 2009. He was 8.1 lbs. and 19.5 inches. Praise God! He and his mother are doing great.
That same week I found out that because my college degree was not accredited the Ministry of Education denied my work visa. This means legally that I can't teach English without an accredited bachelors degree. This kind of through me for a loop.
At that time we were and we still are planning on moving to another city in the summer. I had planned on transferring to our companies branch there in the city that we would move to. So that idea is out.
I'm not sure how God is leading. I'm just trying to follow. After the news that I shared with you above, I decided maybe I should try to get a student visa by studying at university. So I crammed for the SAT. I hadn't done math in 10 yrs. A week and a half of studying wasn't enough to trigger my brain but it helped some. I took the test this past Saturday. I believe I did well enough to apply to university. Here are some thoughts I had after reflecting on what has happened.

1. I've taught English here for a year and a half. This job was no doubt from God. Why is it being taken away? Not sure, but since I had been teaching English I didn't have to worry about that part on my SAT!

2. Also had I not got the news that my work visa was denied two weeks before the SAT I would not have had a chance to take the SAT or apply to university.

3. I'm different. Some or you say, "Yes we know." As I sat in the classroom with 100 other students I thought about what they probably wanted. They wanted to get a good score so they could go to a good American university which in turn would help them make more MONEY. I don't want any of that. I want to tell them that there is more to life than money and things. I want to tell them about Jesus.

No comments: