Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Some Things I Learned

After my trip of a week to North Africa, I began to recall what I had seen and learned from my friend. At first, I thought there were many small principles that I had learned and nothing really monumental. Then I thought about it some more and realized that what I had seen and learned was monumental. It is a ministry philosophy that changes everything. It is something that ever since the Our Generation summer camp that I attended in 2004, I have been wanting to practice in my own ministry, but I could never really hash out in my mind or actions how exactly to put feet on this philosophy. What is it that I’m talking about? I’m talking about being men trainers. Every missionary would say, “I want to plant churches and train men.” If we focus on planting a church without being men trainers, what happens is we have people but no leader to turn over the church to. So what happens is a missionary goes on furlough and another missionary takes over his work. If we focus on training men, then from the beginning when God gives us teachable men they are growing as the church is. Then when the time comes, you have a leader ready to take over and not a church with no leader. This is really what I came away with from my trip. I saw from my friend a clear vision and a bull-dog like mindset to accomplish that vision. Sometimes leaders have to be rear-ends for the sake of the vision and the team. You can’t let someone come in and get you or the team off the goal of training men. With that said, here are some things that I noted that should keep anyone on focus when training people. With this focus in mind, you want to use all your valuable time in training the people God has given you. In the end what I saw was the Great Commission in action. Would you pray that God would give us faithful men?

No comments: